Sunday, February 13, 2005

Claudia Fernety ~ artist


"To a Safer Place"Posted by Hello

Claudia Fernety, Online Gallery
I recommend regular look-see's of her web-site ~ Claudia Fernety has three gallery sites filled already...and counting:

"Claudia Fernety Galleries"

Please note the "Copyright" embedding in all the images I uploaded. I might have used thumbnails without the word allowing you to download a clean sample but that would be cheating, not to mention illegal. I uploaded her paintings to spread the good word about her mission and her talent:
© Claudia Fernety. All rights reserved.
Images may not be reproduced without written permission.
For more information, send email to address below.

Claudia Fernety, Artist

If you would like to know more about Claudia Fernety's work in the arts and in her community, send her an email at: claudia@claudiafernety.com

"Little Rose"Posted by Hello

Claudia Fernety's Statement

Posted by HelloI have always had a desire to create, and when I was a child, I thought it would be my life's work. At one point, I pursued the theater and later, music. But I lacked direction, and so I nurtured my other interest, which was sociology, and became a social worker.

I counseled battered women and later worked with the homeless/mentally ill. I was dedicated to my work, but not fulfilled. I always joked that I was good for social work, but social work wasn't particularly good for me.

In 1998, I had the chance to travel to Italy (the Etruscan town of Cortona) with my husband, and everything changed. I quit my social work job and for those six months abroad, was determined to teach myself to paint. I visited Florence and Rome to study the paintings of the Renaissance period, and painted constantly (we had no TV!). Despite that what I painted was pretty awful, I found I loved painting nonetheless, and eventually, I did get better.These days, I am passionate about painting and exhibiting my work. I live in San Diego with my husband Marty Sereno and our cat, Bella. When I'm not painting, I volunteer my time to Peace and Justice work.

Claudia Fernety, Exhibits

"House Wife"
Posted by Hello
  • Small Image Show, Gallery 21, San Diego, CA. 2/00.
  • Mural, The U.N. Assoc., Balboa Park, San Diego, "Esperanza por la Paz", 1999.
  • Mural, The UN Assoc., Balboa Park, San Diego,
    "The Children's Mural: Peace Through Education", 10/00. (Featured in the Winter 2001 issue of the L.A. Mural Conservancy's journal on new murals of California).
  • Gargoyle Gallery, San Diego, Two-person show, 11/00.
  • ArtWalk, The Refrigerator Project, San Diego, 4/01.
  • A Hunger Artist Gallery, New Mexico,"Psychologically Charged," 8/01.
  • San Diego Children's Museum, Solo show,"Faces of Humanity," 10/01 through 1/02.
  • Self-Help Gallery, East Los Angeles,Recent Work, 12/02 through 5/02.
  • Ray Street - Gallery 999, Solo show,"Recent Work," 2/02 through 3/02.
  • Sushi Gallery - Group Show"Life Stage", July 26-28, 2002.
  • World Beat Center, Activist San Diego Exhibit, July 12, 2003.
  • Galleri Urbane, Silver City, New Mexico, July 25-Aug 25, 2003, Group Show.
  • La Voz Alta, San Diego, Aug. 30 - Oct. 15. 2003, "Arabs Anonymous", group show.
  • Espresso Mi Cultura, Hollywood, CA.Group Show, Nov - Dec 2003.
  • Self-help Gallery, East Los Angeles, "Mujeres de Juarez" Group Show April 13 - May 9, 2004.
  • Galleri Urbane, Silver City, New Mexico,July 30-Aug 21, 2004, Women's Show.
  • Hispanic Museum of Nevada , "Mujeres de Juarez," Group Show, Aug. 12 - Sep. 15, 2004
    ARK Playhouse, San Diego, "Parallel Visions", Group Show, in conjunction with "Remains," a play centered on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict,Sept.9 - Oct. 3, 2004.

Flyer for Exhibit & the play ''remains''

Posted by HelloReception for the Artists
Group Exhibit in conjunction with the play, "remains" held September 9th, 2004

...a larger view of the flyer...

Play Summary: When an American college student is found dead in Tel-Aviv,her mother uses her journal to piece together her daughter's journey. A play about a mother, a daughter and their journey through the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, loosely based on the Rachel Corey story.
Most performances followed by a discussion.

Claudia Fernety, Education


"Self-Portrait"
Posted by Hello

  • University of California, San Diego: B.A., Sociology, 1990.
  • San Diego State University: M.A., Social Work, 1992.
  • Art Education: Self-taught

Posted by Hello"Flight of the Sick Bed"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home